- 1). Open up Microsoft Word. Do not click on a file to open the program. Instead, open the program by double-clicking on the program's icon. Allow the program to load for a couple of minutes before clicking on anything.
- 2). Look on the left side of the screen. If Microsoft Word recovered the file, a "Document Recovery" task pane will load.
- 3). Find the file's date. Double-click on the file in the "Document Recovery" pane. This will open the file in Microsoft Word.
- 4). Click on the "File Menu" and select "Save As."
- 5). Save the document as a ".doc" file type, and type a name for your document in the "File Name" box.
Linux Unix Apache BSD Debian Oracle Open Source Websphere Email Servers Cisco Samba BEA Weblogic technology Microsoft Access Excel ffice Powerpoint Word Oracle