- 1). Sign up for an online merchant account with a company like CCNow.com that allows you to accept credit cards over the Internet. Visit the website of the merchant account company and click on "Sign Up." Fill out the online application form, which includes giving the company your name and contact information, your company name and contact information, information about whether you offer refunds, bank account information where the income from the site will go and either your Social Security Number or Employee Identification Number.
- 2). Take photos of the floral arrangements you offer to customers. Be particular about how the flowers are arranged. You want them to look nice, as this is the only thing your customers have to go on when choosing which flower arrangements to purchase. Upload these floral photos to your website.
- 3). Select pricing for each of the floral arrangements and type this information into your merchant account with CCNow.com. Your merchant will then give you a code or a graphic to place onto your site. Place the merchant Check Out information onto your website with the corresponding photo.
- 4). Market your company. Advertise your website in different print media and online. Companies like Valpak are nationwide and allow you to purchase large amounts of advertising that can reach a great deal of customers. Make your website a prominent part of the advertising.
- 5). Process the orders as they come in. Orders will come in to your email box. As they come in, check the dates the customers want their floral arrangements shipped and overnight those arrangements the night before. Remember that flowers have a short shelf life. Order your flowers from a wholesaler like GlobalRose.com in a timely manner to ensure you will get your flowers on time to your customers.